Ways to Give
Whether you choose to give time or money, your contributions are appreciated. MATE is happy to have you onboard as we seek to serve the Western Maine community.
You can also give via….
- Memorial or Honorarium gifts
- Gifts of appreciated stock
- Plan through your estate & beneficiary designation
- Support or sponsor an event/program or in-kind gifts
- Charitable funds/employer matching funds
- Donate by check or credit card or give through MATE MATTERS, our monthly email newsletter
- Become one of our dedicated, generous monthly mission pledge partners. We hope you will!
One way of giving to MATE is by volunteering. During the summer our housing ministry needs volunteers to help with our housing repair work. MATE Youth Connection (MYC) is always looking for volunteers who have a passion for touching the lives of youth and our MATE Transitional Program is seeking volunteers to help assist with providing hospitality and social services to our transitional housing guests.
Seeking Site Supervisors for 2023 Season
This summer season, we’re expecting to host over 300 volunteers for the first time since before Covid. In order to ensure that operations run smoothly, we’re seeking Site Supervisors to assist our Operations Manager and Assistant Operations Manager during two of our busiest weeks.
Common Duties of a Site Supervisor
- Assist in obtaining and delivering tools, equipment and materials to work sites
- Working with and directing work on site by volunteer groups
- Assisting with orientation of volunteers
- Coordinating with homeowner clients on work details and work site logistics
Desired Attributes of a Site Supervisor
- Experience with home repair tasks, methods, tools, materials
- Experience working with, supporting, directing volunteer groups
- Experience working with homeowner clients
- A heart for the mission: interested in the MATE home repair ministry
- Experience as a MATE volunteer
We’ll provide lodging for our Volunteer Site Supervisors from away at the McCleary House, our transitional housing unit which will be vacant this summer to allow for the completion of the upstairs bedroom renovation and construction of the exterior staircase. In addition to lodging, we’ll provide mileage reimbursement for travel between job sites as well as a meal stipend. For those who wish to waive lodging and the meal stipend (ie: a local), we can offer financial compensation for your services.
3 Volunteer Site Supervisors Needed
We’re seeking 3 Site Supervisors to assist with operations during the week of June 25th to July 1st. Site Supervisors will need to arrive by Sunday afternoon and can depart on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. During this week, we’re hosting 2 of our church partners who will be bringing about 80 total volunteers, consisting primarily of young adults (mostly high school students).
2 Volunteer Site Supervisors Needed
We’re seeking 2 Site Supervisors to assist with operations during the week of July 23rd to the 29th. Site Supervisors will need to arrive by Sunday afternoon and can depart on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. During this week, we’re hosting 2 of our church partners who will be bringing about 100 total volunteers, consisting of volunteers of all ages and abilities.
If you’re interested in serving as a Volunteer Site Supervisor and/or wish to learn more about the service opportunity, please contact our Executive Director, Chris DeLisle, by clicking on the button below.