Mission at the Eastward is searching for an experienced building manager with strong people skills to fill the position of Operations Manager for the 2024 Home Repair Ministry Season.
This is an extremely rewarding position that allows you to make a massive difference in the lives of your neighbors and volunteers who give their time and talent to build lives of hope, dignity, and security in Central Western Maine.
- Assesses homeowner requests for work on their homes and creates plans and estimates for repairs
- Coordinates and supports staff and volunteers to accomplish the home repair projects
- Maintains and delivers the systems that provide the materials, tools, and supplies necessary to accomplish the work
- Flexible: approximately mid-March through mid-September
- Salaried: $2,000 bi-weekly (possibility of part-time hourly work once the season has concluded)
- Paid Time Off: 5 Days, only to be taken when work teams are not present
Mission at the Eastward (MATE) is a faith-based nonprofit that provides volunteer home repairs, transitional housing, and youth outreach to create lives of hope, dignity, and security in Central Western Maine. Our primary program, MATE Housing Ministry (MHM), offers one of the most enriching and rewarding service opportunities in the country. Each summer, 300-400 volunteers from around the east coast travel to rural Maine, usually for a week at a time, to conduct critical home repairs for mostly low-income families and the elderly. Our service keeps people safe and healthy in their homes and out of the devastating cycle of homelessness. Arguably, the most important part of our service is the deep bond that’s developed between staff, volunteers, and homeowners that delivers help, hope, and connection to all who are involved in the experience and creates a ripple effect larger than we are able to comprehend.