Executive Director, Mission at the Eastward
Mission at the Eastward (MATE) is seeking a high-performing motivated Executive Director who can lead and grow the organization in meeting its ambitious goals. MATE is a faith-based 501 (c)(3) non-profit located in Farmington Maine, with a strategy to create safe housing through volunteer home repairs, transitional housing, and the creation of youth opportunities to improve the lives of the disadvantaged in Western Central Maine. MATE hosts over 200 volunteers from 10-12 work groups each summer to renovate and repair 50+ homes in Western Central Maine.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate the ability to lead, inspire and collaborate with a dedicated staff, building relationships with community and mission partners. The Executive Director will: manage the day-to-day activities, operations and budget, lead MATE’s fund development efforts, oversee the work of staff and volunteers, lead community outreach and collaboration, interact with a strong and experienced Board of Directors and serve as the primary spokesperson for the organization.
This is a full-time position, reporting to the Board of Directors, that includes both seasonal hours and flexible time throughout the calendar year. MATE offers an employment package with compensation and benefits based on the candidate’s experience and needs.
MATE’s Mission: To “love our neighbors” through volunteer home repairs, transitional housing, and youth outreach to create lives of hope, security and dignity in Central Western Maine.
Vision: Building lives, we envision a community of help, hope and connection
- Leadership: Provide strategic and operational oversight for all aspects of MATE programs of housing renovation, transitional housing, and community outreach to advance our mission.
- Fundraising: Lead fundraising efforts with increased donor outreach, new donor engagement, grant writing, and enhancing our charitable giving options.
- Communication and Outreach: Communicate, collaborate, and engage with volunteers, businesses, foundations, local government, and other non-profits, as the primary spokesperson, using a variety of methods and media.
- Finances: Manage MATE’s finances, budgeting, reporting and oversight of the endowment.
- Lead and ensure communication and development of our 3-person staff and our Board of Directors.
- Oversee the physical space of MATE, including transitional housing.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree, possibly a Master of Divinity
- Prior experience in leadership at a non-profit
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and grant application and management process
- Management experience with an inclusive style that is encouraging and sensitive to diversity and equity.
- Experienced with housing strategies and community relationships
Values of MATE
- Treat others with dignity and honor their gifts
- Inspire hope
- Collaborate and build relationships
- Creative and innovative
- Attitude of thanksgiving
- Listen and respond to the community
Employment Category: Full Time Exempt, Seasonal Hours & Flexible Time
Compensation: $50K – $60K, based on education and experience, 5 weeks Paid Time Off
Location: Farmington, ME area
Start Date: ASAP, but the position will remain open until filled
Please apply with resume, cover letter, and referral source to: [email protected].
Home Repair Intern
MATE Housing Ministry provides critical home repairs to those in need in western Maine. Volunteer church work teams travel to the area and typically spend a week during the summer months performing these repairs. Most years, over 200 volunteers work on 70 – 80 projects.
The Home Repair Intern will be an integral part of the home repair ministry. The position offers an opportunity to learn the functions of a home repair operation, and gain experience for a future in the home repair industry. The Intern will report directly to, and work under the direction of, the Operations Manager.
- Purchase and deliver materials, tools and equipment to work sites, as directed.
- Pick up tools, equipment and debris from work sites following project completion.
- Work with volunteer work crews, guiding and assisting them in completing projects.
- Work on home repairs to complete projects.
- Assist the Operations Manager in planning and coordinating projects.
- Coordinate with homeowners.
- Willingness to serve those in need.
- Ability to build relationships with volunteers, homeowners, vendors and staff.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing work situations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Safe driving record.
- Clear background check.
The position will be available from mid – May through mid – September, with a Monday – Friday work week, 8 hours per day. Please contact MATE’s Operations Manager, Dan Flint, at [email protected] for more information.